The Delhi Equal Suffrage Club was founded in 1912 to advocate for women's suffrage in New York State. The club’s creation was spurred by an outdoor meeting for equal suffrage. The club was active from 1912 through 1915 though it still existed to the end of the decade. The remaining club members donated leftover funds from the club for a scholarship at Delaware Academy in 1933.
Scope of Collection
This collection consists primarily of the minute book and treasurer book of the Delhi (NY) Equal Suffrage club. The minutes reflect the mainly monthly meetings from the club’s creation to 1915. Both books contain membership lists. A few letters and couple of flyers and a photograph of Mrs. Jennie Curtis Cannon’s ‘suffrage’ car are included.